Our Syracuse funeral home and cremation service was founded in 1938 by Edward J Ryan. When he began, Ed operated out of a home on Whittier Avenue in the Tipperary Hill section of Syracuse, New York.
In 1952, the funeral business was moved to a larger building at 1628 West Genesee Street. His son, Edward F. Ryan, began serving with him in 1968, and his son, Martin J. Ryan in 1976. Edward J. Ryan retired in 1980, and the business has since been owned by his sons.
In 2004 the funeral home moved to its present location, 3180 Bellevue Avenue, a larger, more modern building in order to accommodate funeral service and cremation needs for the 21stcentury; providing handicap accessibility, larger viewing rooms and more than ample parking.
In 2008 Edward F. Ryan's son, Chad M. Ryan joined the firm as a licensed funeral director and in 2013 his daughter, Jillian A. Ryan started working in the family business. They look forward to continuing to serve their community as they transition to the third generation of a family owned and operated funeral home.